►Scout Active Support allows people to give their time to Scouting on a flexible basis. People can still be involved in Scouting without the full-time commitment of being a leader.
►It provides a resource for Managers of local Scouting including Group Scout Leaders, District Commissioners and County/Area Commissioners, who can use it in whichever way is required.
LATEST NEWS..........LATEST NEWS.........LATEST NEWS................
Here is our dates/news for 2018, please can everyone review the below and put these dates in your diaries (also let me know if you can/would like to attend events and activities or can support).
Quarterly SASU Programme/Meetings:
- Spring: 11th March (TBC); Service day, Thorrington
- Summer: 24th June, Boating & Picnic.
- Autumn: 2nd September Hike/Geocaching.
- Winter: 2nd December Show/Christmas market.
Other SASU Activities (socials):
- Chapel Beer Festival: 3rd March 2018 - East Anglian Railway Museum
Chappel &Wakes Colne Station, Nr Colchester CO6 2DS.
- CluedUpp, Murder Mystery Challenge: 24th March 10 to 1pm (Please let me know numbers by 1st February, i need to book teams, teams are 2 to 6, early bird tickets are £35,normally £42).
- Camp and Bushcraft Show: 26-28th May (Derbyshire). Weekend camp and show visit.
- Group Meal: January 2019 (TBC).
- Survival Skills Weekend: 28/29th July (TBC), Bures.
Supporting Events: (Please confirm if you can support these events/dates)
- St Georges Day: 22nd April (refreshments, to be confirmed). 1pm to 5pm
- Mega Camp 2018: 8th to 10th June 2018, help with activities.
- Colchester 10K Run: 13th May, help with marshalling. 9am to 12noon
Please feel free to pass/share these details, other leaders, supporters and exec members are always welcome.
** Contact Tony if you would like to attend the above